Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Don't Blame God continued

Shortly thereafter I had the fortunate opportunity to talk about this with a good friend whose son was also a friend of the young man. She's a wonderful Catholic Christian and just about the only person I really feel comfortable with discussing my faith.

I knew that several years before she had lost a son to a violent crime, but she shared something with me that truly changed me. Her son, too, lay in a hospital bed surrounded by loved ones, all praying for a miracle. But, he died anyway. I can't remember exactly the circumstances of how she was able to come to the extremely difficult acceptance of losing T, but she told me that somehow she knew what had happened between her son and God that night.

You have to go back to the basic knowledge that we all have choices. God gives us free will, even though it's not always a good thing. I'm sure many a time God shakes His mighty head and perhaps wonders "what was I thinking?" Anyway, my friend explained that so near death, she believes T was given a glimpse of Heaven. She believes, as do I, that T was given an opportunity to exercise free will one last time and he chose Heaven. His choice.

I'm not sure how to close this, except that just about everyone who reads this will probably have an opinion. It can be positive or negative, but that's our choice -- our free will at work.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment